Have you all seen these little gems? I was introduced by a co-worker. She called them "Cuties" and cute they are! The bag says there are clementines. Maybe I am the only person on the planet who hasn't heard of these until now. I bought this bag for about $3.50. They are sooo good! Easy to peel (which helps at work) and they don't have a lot of stringy fibery things (I know, my brain is on pause today. lol) which we are not supposed to have. I've been craving oranges and a couple of these gives me a little shot of citrus!
Also, I have a question about shopping ahead of time. Amy posted a GREAT post about clothing and what to buy. I'm wondering how far down in size you are buying, in anticipation of being able to wear something. Yesterday I was at Dillard's and found a gorgeous dress (one that I can wear often, even to work with a cardigan over it). It was marked down to TWENTY dollars, people! Down from $85.00. It was a size 12. I am currently in a 16, at almost 8 weeks out from surgery (down from 18-20 pre-band). Would you buy it? Or just buy down ONE size?
What are your thoughts?
--Ali

5 comments:
Ali - I'm a total cheapskate. If that dress was $3, I would have bought it, even two sizes down. But for me, at $20, I would have passed. But that's just me. I really spend very little on clothing.
I'm not going to worry about shopping right now, though, as I have a huge overflowing basket of clothes that I pulled out of my closet about 5 months ago, as they were all to small. I never put them away, just set them in the extra room because I knew I'd be getting them out gain soon. I'm currently a 22 in pants, and an XL in shirts. My basket starts at 20 in pants, and probably goes all the way down to 14. I think all the shirts in that basket are an L. I don't need to worry about shopping until I get to Mediums/size 12s.
Hello! Thanks for following my blog! :) I am now following your blog too.
I'd buy the dress if I thought it would fit me. I think $20 is pretty cheap. I also have had clementines since I was a kid-over 50 years. Guess you've been hiding. They are also called Marocs for the ones that come from Spain. They are nice and sweet and we usually only have them around Christmas. Happy chewing, as they can still have some tough spots.
Depends on how much $20 means to you. How disappointed would you be if you get to a 12 and you simply don't like the way it fits? I imagine you won't be able to take it back by then.
My kids can go through a bag of clementines in a weekend. Hmmm...not sure about the dress...it really depends on how much you love it! My top half I can buy ahead for, so if the dress is not tight on the bottom half I know what will fit. My bottom half, I only bought 1 or 2 pairs that fit, or were a little snug as I went along...if I'd bought ahead things wouldn't have fit right! You'll be in 12's, but are you sure the fit will be right then?
Post a Comment