Sunday, May 9, 2010

Partying Like It's 1999!

 Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

I have had a very good weekend. My 22 yo daughter came home this weekend. My 25 yo son also came over yesterday, so I had all 3 kids at home for a bit. Doesn't happen very often anymore.  Two of my cousins have children graduating high school, so went to 2 parties yesterday. I finally finished my liquid diet and made an executive decision to have some "real" food. I've been so tired and void of energy since my surgery that I thought maybe having some protein would help. It seems to have, so far. However, I gravitated right to the salty foods. Sigh. Maybe it will help the postassium issue though.

Here's the one pic taken of me this weekend. Of course, what am I doing??? Loading up at the candy buffet! HA HA. My cousin had LOADS of different candies and you got to fill up a cellophane bag with your faves (mine was Dove chocolate and orange and cherry slices). Isn't that a fun idea?

My kids are uber-hammy when it comes time for pics. My oldest son didn't want his pic taken, so decided to "pout". He should know by now I take whatever I have to work with. HA HA. He likes to tease his Mama.


He is 25, married and an amazing Daddy to my 3 little grandbabies.



This is my 22 yo daughter. She's a senior in college, home for the weekend. I interrupted her mid text! lol.


And of course, my baby. He's 13. That's an akward age and stage, huh?  I told him to look cheerful. Hmmm.

Anyway....I had two parties to attend yesterday and then one today. The one today was a former state ward of mine. I had him as a ward off and on since he was 12 and he'll soon be 18. He made a point of hand delivering this invitation, so I made darn sure that I went, even though tonight I am totally exhausted. Its one of the few rewarding moments in my job.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow following a week at home recovering from my slipped band surgery. Hoping it will go well. With my job changes, I will be sitting down at a computer all day, so not a hard labor job by any means. My biggest concern is the fatigue element. When I returned to work after my lapband procedure in January, I was having to take my lunch break early and I ended up napping the full hour.

My daughter just left to return back to school (summer session starts tomorrow) and I am going to take a hot bubble, get into my pj's and crawl under the covers with a book. I ordered Charla Krupp's book "How to Never Look Fat Again" (at least I think thats the name of it). Full of ideas on dressing in the most flattering style for your body. It looks good.

I hope everyone had a lovely day!


3 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute kids. So glad you were all able to be together. And I thought you were picking up veggies at that table. Hope you enjoy the candies.

Gen said...

Hope you are feeling better! Adorable family!

And thanks for reminding me about that book. I have the "How not to look old" one and enjoyed it....hmmm...maybe need to whip that one out again for a refresher. ;)

Kristin said...

Great family, Ali. You are so young to have such grown kids - and grandkids! They're really lucky to have a young grandmother. I'll be 56 when my youngest child turns 20, UGH. That worries me, but that's why I got the band.

Let us know how the book is!