Monday, March 7, 2011

What to Wear?

So, I've been invited to an evening wedding on April 2nd. Despite the fact that I see snow falling outside my window this morning, I am thinking SPRING.

Okay....so I have nothing to wear. I'm in a 12 now (some 10's) and have one dress, a black sweater dress.. NOT in keeping with my spring fever.

Does anyone have suggestions on what might be nice to wear to this?  I did find one dress I kind of like. I would wear it with a white or either purple or pink cardigan. (I have a purple one the same shade as the flowers on the dress).

  But....is this too much white for a wedding? And I have a feeling its so busy, it might not look as good on as it does in the picture.Maybe a solid color would be better?

  Any ideas for dresses? Have you seen anything cute? I like this neckline, as I have a round face and also try to do the v neck or scoop.

Oh.....money is an issue too. As in, I don't have any. So, I need to keep it down. This dress is $36 on ebay. I saw another couple that I really liked, but it was inching towards $80-100, and for me right now, that is just a tad too pricey.

 Thanks ya'll!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the dress! I think it is very appropriate for an April wedding.

Jacquie said...

I agree with Vickie.....the solid cardigan will be fine with it.

Marie said...

Check out Ross or Marshall's -- they have some cute dresses at good prices. Also if you have a Burlington Coat Factory - Surprisingly they have cute things too and are very reasonable.
I think a flowered dress is perfect and that is not too much white at all. Have fun!

Amanda Kiska said...

Adorable dress! I say buy it!