Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Aunt Keeps Popping in Uninvited...and an NSV to Myself

  Happy Sunday to everyone,

  The weekend is winding down once again...mine seem to go both really fast (as in, here it is Sunday night and time to prepare for work again), and slow. Like Saturday nights when I am at home feeling sad, bored, lonely. ARgghhh!

  Anyway....my Aunt Flo is really making a nuisance of herself this month. So, she made her official monthly visit for about 4 days on July 8th. So in theory, since I'm taking b.c pills, she shouldn't be haunting me again until July 31st again (I use the pills on a Sunday to Sunday basis.

Well, Monday I wake up and have spotting. Goes away and Tuesday I wake up to the same thing. This has been going on for the entire week now. Nothing heavy, just  some clumpy spotting and just kind of a brownish color ( I know, TMI!).

 I am frustrated by this because the whole reason I even went on the pill was to be very regular and to know exactly when Aunt Flo would be arriving.That, and things seem to be not so heavy when I use the pill.

  I am wondering why I am even taking bc pills now, if this is going to happen frequently. Not too mention, that I really don't "need" them now (see previous pity party comment about Saturday nights above) It was getting to be where I would get a period a day early, and when I asked my Doc about it, he suggested it was due to my weight loss. I don't think thats it though.

   So....the NSV I gave myself.  I go biking most every evening. Not far, just about 7-8 miles a night. Sometimes 10. There's a guy that I know is single and I pass by his house when I ride. We've been waving or saying HI...well, last night I finally got the nerve and stopped.  I asked him why he wasn't at the county fair sweltering in the heat like everyone else. (I know---big dork here!)....we chatted...his name is Randy. He said his boys were both gone for the evening, so he and George (the dog) were just hanging out. Introduced myself and we shook hands.

   Not a big deal, I suppose. EXCEPT....I would've NEVER done this when I was 75 pounds heavier. Would not have had the confidence to do so.  So....that's my NSV to me!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

GREAT NSV, Ali. Good for you. A new friend is a new friend.

Sorry about the spotting. That's super annoying.

Marie said...

That is a good NSV. Confidence is sexy I hear! LOL!

Are you going to try online dating? I do it on and off. I get frustrated with the dating choices out there and go off then get bored and go back on! It's hard when you aren't a bar fly.

As far as the spotting -- I did an endometrial ablation to end that about 7 years ago and I don't even bleed anymore. It's so amazing. I wish I'd done it right after I knew I didn't want anymore kids.

Ali said...

I am taking a break from the dating sites....it seems like all the ones I see are old hippies...look like David Crosby, but without the money or talent!

I'm not a barfly either...

Marie said...

LOL.. do we live in the same town? If you read my post I have been out with every type of guy imaginable. My match membership ends mid August and I won't renew. Hopefully I will have a job to keep my busy.