TGIF!!!
Okay.....I have major batwings. Surgery is out of the question.
So, my million dollar question is.....is there ANY hope whatsoever to get my arms in better shape? They are REALLY bad! As in, I NEVER wear sleeveless out in public. And I WANT too, desperately.
I ride my bike 5 nights a week. It is helping my lower half...several people have asked if I am losing more weight. I'm not, really. A couple of pounds yes. But I think its just that I am looking better on my lower half thanks to the biking.
What, if anything has worked for YOU????
Also, what is your take on places like Curves? They are having us a special rate at work. I am thinking about it because although I am biking regularly now, I know the weather will eventually keep me inside. I can't afford a more expensive gym, so was considering the Curves route. I hear they offer Zumba now too.
Share your thoughts!!

2 comments:
In order to have any luck with toning arms, you have to do weights. Even if you only buy a 5 lb dumbell and do bicep curls and tricep extensions, it will help. How much depends on how much excess skin you have. My arms are much better since using weights but without surgery, which I will not be getting, I will always have some excess hanging on. Life is too short, wear tank tops, believe me, no one is commenting on your arms!
Well here is the truth according to Amy. When the plastic surgeon came to our support group, I asked him what really determines how your skin bounces back. His answer: age, genes, sun exposure, how much and how fast you lose, and how much you workout.
When I first started really lifting weights, I would complain about my arms all the time. heather kept telling me :Give it time. I kept telling her: They will never get better.
And for once I am happy to report, I was wrong...heather was right . I still have some batties. But its not as bad as you would think for someone who has lost 160ish pounds. But I lift a lot. Its gonna take more than half hearted weights once or twice a week...but I promise you there is hope. I look at some of the people that are much lighter than me now but look deflated and think...if they would just lift a little they would see muscles! Thats probably not very nice of me and I forget that is not everyones goal. But it can get better!
Post a Comment