Well, its been 10 days since I had my band slip repaired. And since being given the green light to eat, I've certainly done so.
I haven't had much REAL hunger, (though I have had some), but I think its because I eat before I can get too hungry.
I made a huge meal yesterday (the kids were all here) of ribs, corn on the cob, beans, brownies, watermelon. I ate 2.5 ears of the corn.
Last night we went to the State Fair and I had a funnel cake with cherry topping. I did share about 1/3 with my son. And some cotton candy, popcorn and a bite of fried oreo.
Today I had to take my daughter to Lincoln to meet her ride back to Omaha and stopped by Chipolte's where I ordered a fajita chicken burrito. The band didn't like the tortilla, so I ate the inside of it.
And I've had little snacks of candy and ice cream here and there. And spoons of peanut butter. A couple of marshmallows. EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I *think* I'm in the feast or famine mentality. As in, I didn't eat much for several weeks (culminating in the 17 pound loss) and am taking advantage of being able to eat things that I normally don't. For example, I haven't been able to eat corn on the cob all summer, so it's like "well, summer's winding down and this is the first and last time you'll be eating this" .And with the Chipolte's, I was thinking "Well, we don't have this in my city and the next time I am here I will most likely have restriction and not be able to eat here, so I should do so while I have the chance".
I KNOW, its not smart or logical. I think too, I just like being able to eat and after the not eating, I feel like I need to before the chance to do so is gone.
On the other hand, I was down 68 pounds before the slip. I've been getting TONS Of compliments and loving that my clothes continue to get too big.
I know I am up at least 5 pounds, and truthfully, didn't get on the scale today due to all the food I ate yesterday. I was so full of sodium that I almost couldn't slip my shoes this morning.
I have my first follow-up appt with my doctor tomorrow afternoon. I am curious as to what he will say regarding this last slip. I'm wondering if I will get fluid put in my band again tomorrow, or if the doc will think it is too soon.
I have mixed feelings about it. I know that I NEED some restriction to help me get back on track. On the other hand, I don't want to start too soon after surgery and risk something else going wrong. I just could NOT bear to have something else go wrong. Its been hard on me physically.
I think that also I still need to journal my food intake. I may do that here. I want to be able to not feel like indulging in emotional eating.
Thanks for reading.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day holiday!

6 comments:
So glad you are feeling better and able to eat!
Head hunger sucks!!!
Head hunger is a great way to put it. Take it slow and easy gal! You are worth it.
I rationalize my eating too much and still don't have the restriction to keep me in check. At least you have a great weight loss so you know the band works for you. Hope your appointment goes well.
I think that is a very natural reaction to severe food restriction like you've experienced. Even though you know intellectually that you aren't going to starve, you instinctively are "stocking up" for the next time. I think writing your food down is a great idea. Also take walks or do whatever exercise you are cleared for. You also may feel better if you eat very small meals every couple of hours. I know you can get through this!
I would do the same thing you are doing! Your body is probably craving certain vitamins. Are you taking vitamins? I was surprised at how low I was on certain ones when I had my blood work done recently.
By the way - a box was mailed to you today. I hope you can find some things to wear. I put a few hot dresses in there too - maybe you can wear one to a holiday party?! There are a few pair of pants, a couple pairs of capris, along with the dresses!
Post a Comment