Monday, September 20, 2010

TMI Monday

 Well, hope everyone had a good Monday. I actually did. A lot of that has to do with now being fulltime in a new building at work with a new supervisor. Hoping that the negative karma from the old building doesn't follow me to this one.

 Did anyone else get teary-eyed when Jennifer Grey danced on "Dancing With the Stars"? I'm such a sap. :-)


So....its been 3.5 weeks (26 days to be exact) since my second band slip surgery. I'm going in for my first fill tomorrow. And not a moment too soon I might add. I've been in serious feast or famine mode since I got the okay to eat again following the surgery. I've had some stress recently (job situ, family issues, etc). and using my old standby food to help me cope with it. I had hoped that maybe that was all behind me, but with no fill in the band, I had nothing stopping me from eating.

And it occured to me that I've had stress going on pretty much ALL the time for at least the last 5-6 years (and before that, really) and its not going to go away. So....I have to figure out new ways to cope.

I've gained about 5-6 pounds since I was in the doc's office 2 weeks ago. I'm a bit nervous about that, feel a bit of shame about it actually.I feel like not only am I letting myself down, but other people too. I still have a 60 pound loss, but the gain has made me feel like a fake. But that's me, and how I beat myself up.

But I did ride my bike or walk almost every day during that time, so I feel good about that.

Admit to being a little nervous about the fill and having a slipped band again. Surely it won't happen again? RIGHT?????


Well, Carmen had a recent post about POOP and the scale going up. That happened to me!  Since my surgery, I've been pretty constipated. It was really bad this past week. I couldn't got for several days, despite eating salads, lots of fruit (oranges which have always been my natural laxative didn't work at all!), tons of water. Nothing helped. Finally Friday I had some relief, but only after lots straining and carrying on (I KNOW, lovely visual, you're welcome) On the tissue though, was bright red blood. LOTS of it. EEk. So, Friday night I took 2 laxatives. Not much changed. Saturday evening I took 2 more. They finally started kicking in a bit yesterday. Soooooo uncomfortable.

Now, my TMI has arrive today, after only 23 days! Geesh, what is up?

Anyway....I am excited to get the fill and get back on track with my eating and weight loss. 30 more pounds to go to goal.

OH....speaking of biking....I went biking last night around 6:00 pm. It was unusually cold here all day yesterday....like about 50 degrees. I went looking for sweat pants and realized I have NADA...I only had a couple of pairs last year and they got too big so I gave them away. Finally found a pair of  Columbia capri pants that I picked up at a garage sale last week. NO long sleeved shirts either, same reason. I scrounged aruond and found a long sleeved XXL shirt with "HUSKERS" on it. Not really a sports logo kind of gal, but was trying to show support for our college football team. As anyone who lives where folks worship at the altar of college football from mid-July through January knows, it is almost blasphemous not to have something with the college logo on it. That's the only reason I had it. Well...I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but I WAS warm. :-)

So....some new workout clothes are in order. Especially since I am joining the YMCA this week. I love biking, but our weather is changing and I need something I can do inside. Our Y has weights, spinning classes, Zumba, a pool and I don't know what all else. So....I want (and NEED) to not look like a ragamuffin.

What is everyone else wearing to work out? Any cute/stylish clothes out there?  Send ideas this way.

Its been fun reading about how everyone is preparing for BOOBS. I know you all are going to have a BLAST!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I cried when Jennifer danced. I'm rooting for her. I told her tonight at the taping that she was going to win!