Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Guess I Will Live a Little Longer :-)

   Hello Everyone,

Had the follow-up doctor appointment yesterday. All seems well.  According to the doc's scale, I am just up 1.5 pounds from the lowest recorded there. (about 2 weeks ago). I did let him know that I'm really up more like 6 pounds from my lowest (which of course, was following 2 days of no eating. So doesn't really count, right? lol).

  He showed me pics of the latest procedure and told me that this time he used "real" stitches instead of the quick dissolve ones that they typically used. He also said he added an extra stitch this time. I told him I was fine if he embroidered his intials on my stomach as long as that band stays in place!

Since it had only been 15 days since my repair surgery he couldn't add a fill, so I will be back in 2 weeks. He looked over my incisions and felt where my port is and noted that it seems to be up a little higher than previously. I hadn't noticed that until he said it, but he is right.

 I told him I was eating pretty normal and he told me I could have 2 more pounds, but that was it! I think he was just mostly joking; I told him I'd been eating all too well and that I'd been out to the fair if that was any indication (my son got fried oreos!). He gave me  a pass on that.

So....I have to get through the next 2 weeks without indulging  in that darned head hunger. My goal is to go back for my fill appt at the same weight, but preferably under. I'm NOT going to cash in my 2 more pounds allowed coupon.

  I've been on one 7 mile bike ride (Sunday) and am going this evening too. (hoping it doesn't start raining).

Anyway.....that's what I know for now. I'm feeling AWESOME!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

--Ali

7 comments:

Gen said...

So glad the surgery went well and you are feeling okay. I cannot believe how much you have lost!!!!! Amazing!!!!

Theresa said...

So glad you're doing better, you've really been through the wringer!

Alison said...

You're doing fantastically well. What is a fried oreo? the biscuit?
I feel that we're missing out in the UK!

Jen said...

lol @ the initials part.
I'm SO GLAD you are feeing well - FINALLY!!! Yay!

Nella said...

So happy to hear!

The Banded Lady said...

Love the embroidery comment!

Marie said...

Yeah! So glad you are doing better. You are allowed a few extra pounds considering how you lost them so quickly and with great difficulty! Go easy on yourself!!