I'm now at 41 pounds down now! I was as of yesterday, when I was at 204.4. Today I'm at 203.0, but I'm sticking with 41 since I don't know how long this lack-of-food weight loss is going to stick.
Was feeling much better today. Was able to eat applesauce for breakfast and a piece of lunch meat for lunch. Both did feel a tiny bit sticky, but not bad. Went to my Doc's office and discussed the events of the weekend. We decided that I would have 1/4 cc's removed from the band. Took two tries, OUCH. Doc was surprised at my 6 pounds weight loss in just 4 days.
I made an awesome roast potatoes and carrots in the crockpot. It was truely an object of beauty! lol. I took maybe 4 tiny bites of it and preceeded to start feeling pretty stuck. I had to go pick up my 13 yo from his after school club. He wasn't out right away and I was sliming. I couldn't hold off any longer and had to pb in a sack that I thankfully had in my vehicle. (it does pay to not keep a spotless car!).
When we got home, I had to PB about a half dozen more times. Then I was in terrible pain, throughout my trunk and back. Maybe muscle spasms? I would've taken myself to the ER, but didn't think I could get there. So, I got into a hot, hot bath. Finally was very LOUDLY sick and felt better after that.
So.....I think that my band is so swollen and irritated that I am, I'm going to hold off on "real" foods for a few days. Going to go with soups and protein drinks.
I have to admit thinking earlier "wow, this is NOT what I thought I had signed up for". I hope this is just a fleeting period as I try to get the right adjustment for my band.
Someone else was commenting on her blog (sorry, I can't remember who said it) that once she hit 40 pounds down, people start noticing. And commenting. I have to agree with this. Today I was in the work breakroom and my former supervisor came in and told me that I looked good and wanted to know if I was feeling as good as I looked. Now, as far as I'm concerned, this woman is practically the devil incarnate. Her incompetence is one of the reasons for my recent troubles at work. She's fairly self-centered too. It floored me that she noticed and also that she said anything remotely resembling a compliment to me!
I'll take it though.
Tomorrow is Hump Day, hope its a happy one for all of you!


5 comments:
Hi Ali, SO sorry about your band giving you problems! No,this is not what it is supposed to be like - it will be better with less fill.
I agree about the 40 lbs making a big difference. And it is always the frenemies that say something first! Its an NSV either way.
Congrats on 41 - I know it was not the best way to get there but 41 is awesome!
That sounds terrible, I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.
i'm so sorry you are having a rough time!! i hope it gets better soon!!
well hi there-thanks for stopping by my blog...I just read through your latest post. It is the wee hours and I need to go to bed so will mark this and come back tomorrow. You are doing great!!
Tina
eek..just read the post better. Ok not so great on the fill front but great on the weight loss :)...sounds like you got something stuck pretty solidly. I have had similar experiences 3 times--not pretty. My biggest piece of old-timer advice is--ziplock bags are magic. PB, zip and deposit in garbage :) I carry them always.
Post a Comment