Survived the surgery and I'm home! I had planned to take some pics and give a respectable update, but I am just BEAT!
Had the repair surgery Thursday. It went well, have pics to show the before and after. Quite a bit of my pouch/stomach was above the band...doc told my mom it almost looked like it somehow worked its way ABOVE the band instead of the band slipping. Not sure what all the means and haven't had a chance to speak with my surgeon since then.
Got to come home later in the afternoon. Slept most of yesterday. I am somewhat surprised at how very tired I have been this time around. I had scheduled a hair appt weeks ago for today and was SURE I would still be able to go, but when the time came, I just was not up for it. The rock band Heart is going to be at our State Fair tomorrow and I have had tickets for weeks for that too. Am really HOPING that I will have enough energy to sit through that tomorrow night. Not sure though.
Ate for the first time since Tuesday today. Had some ice cream this afternoon and just tonight mashed potatoes with mushroom soup gravy. I have a MAJOR craving for spaghetti. Go figure. Mostly just the sauce though.
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. My mood is still fairly down and not feeling too positive or with warm thoughts towards my band. Still kind of wondering if it was such a good idea.
Hope you are all having a good weekend!
--Ali

8 comments:
sending you positive vibes and hoping its only upward from now on.. Be kind to your self and go slow.. xxx
So glad to hear it went well. Just rest and take care :)
So glad that its over, you must be shattered, hope that you manage to get to the fair tomorrow.
Sending you quick recovering vibes
Feel better soon Ali! I hope this is your last band issue - you've had your share.
Sorry - somehow I missed that you had to have surgery. Hope this one did the trick and your band stays put. Feel better soon.
Ali, Hope you're up and around and feeling better now! So glad that's behind you and that you can get on with things now. Take it slow and take care of you! ((hugs))
So glad to hear everything went well. Best wishes for a super fast recovery.
Thanks for the sweet comments. To answer your question, take like these http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/tops/knittops/sleevelesstanks/PRD~472654/apt+9+Essential+Camisole.jsp
Not sure why they're so much online. I can find them on sale at Kohl's for $3.99 at times. I've learned though that they only seem to work under form fitting clothes though...you know, to smooth out the loosey-goosey stuff a bit.
Post a Comment