Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday, Wednesday

  Okay....LAME title for a post...but just couldn't think of a better one. Lots going on. My 13 yo returned to school this afternoon. ALREADY!?!?!  Seems sooo early for school to be starting! He's an 8th grader...last year til he goes to high school. That's a scary thought to me.

  I worked this morning and then took the afternoon off so that I could take him to school. And go to the dentist (ugh)...and then come back and wait for the cable guy to show up.

  On the weight loss front, I am down a couple more pounds to 181.4. For how long is anyone's guess. lol. I say this because I went to the doc again yesterday (was just there 2 weeks ago) and he decided to give me another unfill. Even at just 2.5 cc's in my band, I was still having a difficult time eating anything with any  substance. AND still having reflux at night. Have been sooo tired. So, I am now down to 1 cc. HA. I don't really mind right now as I have been miserable with pbing and the reflux. I actually was able to eat dinner last night, though still not a great amount.  And this morning, liquids couldn't be guzzled or anything, so there appears to still be some sort of restriction. WEIRD. After the doc took the fluid out, the intermittent pain I've been having in my left side mostly went away. So did the gas pains I was feeling in my chest. I'm hopeful that the side pain is some sort of gas pain as well, and not band related.

 The doc did tell me that if this doesn't help, the next step will be a swallow study to make sure the band hasn't slipped again. Cross your fingers that it hasn't.

  Here's me today...Chico jeans that are getting baggy.  LOVE these jeans. Don't love the bag though. :-)

Despite all the problems I've had with my band (that makes me hate it at times), it DOES feel good to have someone take a full length pic and not cringe when I see it. That's been a LONG time in coming! I never used to wear much white before either, because I felt it was sooo unflattering.

And the NSV's have been flowing as of late. So, there are a few positives. ; )

6 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

The positives are always good. I wish you well on your doc appointment and hope that there is no slippage again.

Nicole said...

You look great!

Amanda Kiska said...

Wish my kids would go back to school. They're driving me crazy!

You look fantastic!

Marie said...

What a great picture!! You look wonderful!

Jen said...

I saw this pic and I said "WHO is this HOT SKINNY chick?" You are working that camera. Congratulations - you're HOT!
It sounds like you've been MISERABLE - YUCK. I hope all those bad things stay away now that you've had the unfill. My fingers and toes are crossed that this'll do the trick and it's not a slipped band again.
Hugs,
Jen

Bonnie said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. Maybe the follower that left yours left mine too. Hmmmm. The chair is the swing in the bar area of the restaurant Fishtails in Ocean City, MD. They are so comfy and you can't see it, but there is actually a place to put your feet up too. My daughter went into 9th grade last year and high school was great for her so it might not be as scary as you think next year. Sorry to hear about your band issues, but damn, girl you look great, so I actually feel more jealous than anything else. :)