Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Upper GI Tomorrow Morning

So.......my doc has scheduled me for a upper gi test tomorrow.

No food or water after midnight tonight. Not that that will be a huge problem, as I am just trying to get some liquid and food down today, and it hasn't been easy. I was able to eat some ice cream after work. Took the 13 yo to Coldstone and we each got a small dish. I ate about half of mine and then the full feeling/need to burp issue came up. This evening I ate some melted shredded cheddar. My back hurt afterwards though, so took a HOT bath. Still not feeling 100% and I've had lots of gurgling.

I am nervous about the test, not really sure what to expect. Wondering how I will manage to choke down the drink when I can barely manage water and fruit punch. Hoping they won't want to stick the tube down my throat too. I don't handle that type of thing too well.

Just praying for a little relief!

Thanks for the kind words on my earlier post.

7 comments:

Christine said...

hope all goes well and they figure it all out.

Bonnie said...

Sending good thoughts your way that everything goes well and you are feeling better soon.

Alison said...

Sounds awful, you poor thing. Hope that your Dr gets to the bottom of it.

Lap Band Groupie said...

Ali- Glad you're getting some help with this today. I'm surprised your Doc didn't do a complete unfill to let things settle down more...you must be so dehydrated by now poor thing! For my UGI I don't remember having to drink anything (only did that with the Barium x-ray). They 'twilighted' me so I didn't remember a thing about the scope. I'm guessing they'll find some reflux signs (redness), but hopefully nothing else except you're still too tight and are swollen...I'll pray it's just that ((hugs)) Oh, and I'd ask for an Rx for a PPI (like Nexium) if they find signs of Reflux so that it will heal. One more...I had the esophageal spasms and yours doesn't sound like it...just super tight. Thinking of you today!

Lap Band Groupie said...

Leaving you an email...I screwed up the UGI is the x-ray...UGE is the scope, whoops!

Jen said...

I'm thinking of you - praying for relief for you as well.
Love you punkin.

Nella said...

Saying a little prayer for you!