Thursday, June 23, 2011

One Small Change

 So....a few posts back I wrote about gaining a few pounds and my Dr. Coke addiction. Jen suggested I quit cold turkey with her, but I know too well that would never work with me. Because the second I tell myself I can't have something, than that is all that I can think about. I am going to have to taper off.


It occurred to me that every day during my afternoon break, I have been going to the convenience store and buying a fountain soda and a bag of popcorn. You know, the kind they pop right there on site. So yummy. But WAY salty and quite frankly, NOT something I should probably be eating every single work day. I have probably been going 5 afternoons a week for this treat since about February. It has now become a HABIT.

I have decided that I need to make a change in my patterns. So, for at least 3 days a week, I am going to bring my iPod to work and walk on my break instead of making the soda and popcorn run. 

I'm also going to start bringing along a small pitcher of unsweetened tea and fill up with ice at home and drink that instead.

 Just one or two very small changes in my routine should make  HUGE differences.

No comments: